There are various benefits of becoming a member of the NZVNA that make it worthwhile if you are currently in the veterinary nurse industry -
- Subscription to the NZ Veterinary Nurse Journal - 4 issues a year
- Reduced registration rates for the annual NZVNA conference and continuing education seminars. At these you get the chance to meet other veterinary nurses, make new friends, renew old friendships. This is particularly important if you live in one of the smaller towns
- Access to the members' only section of the website
- Representation and support from the Association
- Advise and support on employment and health and safety issues
- Access to surveys and questionnaires relating to the future of veterinary nursing
- Wage guideline recommendations
- The NZVNA CE Portal, powered by the World Continuing Education Alliance (WCEA), offering over 800 CPD opportunities
Vitae - for Vet Nurses in Stress.
From time to time the pressures of our professional and private lives call for some external assistance to ensure we remain confident, capable and able to deal with whatever opportunities and challenges life throws at us.
Vitae offer a confidential counselling service and a 24 hour phone service that’s open seven days a week. This service also includes up to three fully funded counselling sessions with a trained psychologist.
If you are a member
and would like to find out how to access Vitae’s counselling service, click here.
There is also an online form
that you can fill in. This is a fully confidential service, however, you can also phone our 0800 number for further information
If you are not a member
we encourage you to contact Vitae directly
on their 24-hour free-phone service on 0508 664 981. Costs will apply
The NZ Veterinary Nursing Library on SciQuest
contains the complete archive of annual conference proceedings of the NZ Veterinary Nursing Association (NZVNA) and a comprehensive archive of selected articles from the NZ Veterinary Nurse, the quarterly journal of the NZVNA. This Library provides a unique collection of high-quality articles on a wide range of veterinary nursing topics, in fully indexed and searchable format. Access to the NZ Veterinary Nursing Library is granted to all members of the NZVNA as a benefit of membership The NZ Veterinary Nursing Library on SciQuest contains the complete archive of annual conference proceedings of the NZ Veterinary Nursing Association (NZVNA) and a comprehensive archive of selected articles from the NZ Veterinary Nurse, the quarterly journal of the NZVNA. This Library provides a unique collection of high-quality articles on a wide range of veterinary nursing topics, in fully indexed and searchable format. Access to the NZ Veterinary Nursing Library is granted to all members of the NZVNA as a benefit of membership
is one of the leading solutions for mobilising pet health information and is helping drive practice growth and success. Designed for veterinary teams, VetCheck improves communication with the pet owner and engages them to be more proactive with their pet’s health. By creating and sharing personalised digital pet health reports or health assessments, VetCheck is strengthening client relationships and adding value to the veterinary practice.
What does VetCheck offer to veterinary practices?
- High quality, up to date digital educational handouts that can be personalised for the customer
- Digital forms and health assessments for completion at the pet owner’s convenience on any device
- An opportunity for lead generation and new business
- As a NZVNA member, you will get upgraded access to a range of professional, digital resources including client information sheets, health assessments and forms. Create a paperless practice, save money and time.
The membership form available on this website is the only valid application form and replaces all previous versions from the Journal or other sources. The Association emails members with updates and a privacy option has been included on the form. If you would like an information pack or have any questions regarding membership, please contact the Membership Secretary, email@example.com
NZVNA membership is also open to Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary Technicians resident outside of New Zealand
It is also important if you are already currently a member to keep our files up to date, You can now update your contact details by logging in to the Members Zone, clicking on Manage my Account. If you have any difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 0800 868 773