NZVNA Conference 2020
Veterinary Profession of the World Unite - 36th World Veterinary Association Congress goes virtual
At the New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA) we were as frustrated as you were that due to COVID-19 restrictions it was necessary to cancel the World Veterinary Association Congress (WVAC) at short notice, after many years of planning.
However, out of adversity comes innovation and we’re delighted to offer you a unique online three-week virtual congress festival to replace the physical WVAC, with access to many of the same speakers to support your continuing professional development.
We have been fortunate to partner with The Webinar Vet to help us run the virtual festival. They have been running virtual veterinary congresses for several years and have incredible global reach. Up to 10,000 participants regularly join their annual virtual congress ensuring that this will be the premier online veterinary event of 2020!
The virtual congress festival will be run as a mixture of live and recorded lectures which will be hosted on The Webinar Vet's site.
The congress will start on 26 April New Zealand time or 25 April European time in conjunction with World Veterinary Day. The congress will run for three weeks although the content will be available for six months after that.
As a previously registered attendee, we will transfer your registration to the virtual congress and offer you the additional benefits
You will receive the following:
- 50% refund of your registration fee
- 100% refund of any t-shirts, proceeding, dinners or yacht racing tickets purchased
- One ticket to the whole virtual congress festival for every day you registered for the congress plus an additional ticket so you can pass these on to your colleagues, eg.
- A three-day registration will receive four tickets for the online congress valued at £388($NZ824) – member rates used as an example
- A two-day registration will receive three tickets for the online congress valued at £291($NZ618) – member rates used as an example
- A one-day registration will receive two tickets for the online congress valued at £194($NZ412) – member rates used as an example
- 3 months free membership to The Webinar Vet - unlimited membership valued at £225 ($NZ480)
- A copy of the full congress proceedings emailed to you.
For NZVA or WVA member 3-day registration this is valued at around $1,300 for $450 which is a huge saving.
We will be in touch soon to arrange the transfer of your registration for WVAC to the online webinar congress festival and organise the refund. In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact Leanne Fecser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes to you, your colleagues and family during this difficult time. We look forward to welcoming you to our virtual congress.
Our keynote speaker is Sophie Adamantos
Sophie graduated B.G (before Google) and has worked in academic practice and private practice. She was the first resident to complete an ECC residency in the UK and has been an ACVECC diplomate since 2005. Sophie is currently the Clinical Director of Paragon Referrals in West Yorkshire, which is a bit like New Zealand, but has more people and rain. Sophie is passionate about empowering Veterinary nurses in practice, the use of evidence-based practice, post-graduate education and destroying dogma. Clinically her interests include haematology, transfusion medicine and fluid therapy.