Continuing Professional Development is an important aspect of veterinary nursing - the need to constantly be upskilling and developing.
With the advent of voluntary registration, it is a requirement to complete 20 CPD points per calendar year if you wish to be included in the List/Register - this equates to 20 hours
Below is a table showing how these points can be gained.
Any course that has already been accredited by an outside source - eg RACE points, is acceptable by NZVNA.
You may use 8 hours (8 points) of non accredited CPD per year
CPD Points table 2020
On the following page you will find a list of CPD that has been accredited by NZVNA
For those wishing to have their CPD accredited by NZVNA -
- NZVNA will provide free advertising on this website for your event
- We will endeavour to have an NZVNA representative at your CPD event if you wish
- We offer fast turnaround of CPD accreditation for your event
- If a course or event has been deemed to satisfy the requirement for CPD the accreditation fees are:
- 1 - 4 hour event = $50.00
- 4 - 8 hour event = $100.00
- 8+ hour event = $150.00
- In the event of a course or event not satisfying the requirements for CPD accreditation, no fee will be charged
- CPD fees are a one-off charge, providers do not need to reapply for accreditation unless the course structure or content changes
- The NZVNA logo may be used in your advertising if the event or course receives accreditation
- For all information please email CPD@nzvna.org.nz
The views and information expressed in any continuing education that is advertised on the NZVNA website do not necessarily represent those of the NZVNA, and the NZVNA does not endorse any products or services advertised. The NZVNA is not the source of the information provided by the learning provider and has not independently verified the truth of the information. It does not accept any legal responsibility for the truth or accuracy of the information contained in the course material that you are provided with. The NZVNA does not accept any liability whatsoever for the contents of these courses or for any consequences which may result from the use of the information contained herein or advice given herein. The provision is intended to exclude the NZVNA and its staff from all liability whatsoever, including liability for negligence in the publication or reproduction of the materials set out herein.