Vet Nurse Vacancy
Totally Vets is a dynamic veterinary company, providing services and products in the Manawatu, Tararua, Horowhenua and Taumarunui areas for companion animals, equine, and production animals.
With the internal movement of one of our nurses, we have a vacancy for a Vet Nurse to join our busy companion animal hospital based at our Levin clinic. We run a well-equipped hospital offering a wide range of surgeries and advanced treatment options for our clients.
We are a client centric business and put our customers and patients at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be in a great working environment, part of a friendly team and be provided with great benefits and opportunities CPD within the wider business.
- Providing excellent standards of care for our patients and clients
- Assisting with consultations
- General nursing and clinic administration tasks
- Utilise technology and equipment management
- Assisting with anaesthesia surgical procedures
- Monitoring care of patients and follow up after surgery
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
- An enthusiastic level of customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to show empathy and respond to customer and patient needs
- A Veterinary Nurse Qualification with proven clinical skills
- A passion for animal health and wellbeing
- Your team skills will be excellent, and your ability to relate well to both customers and colleagues.
- You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
- Have initiative and a pro-active work ethic
This role is a full-time role which includes participation in a weekend clinic roster and some late nights.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to:
A copy of the job description is available on request.
VSA is looking for you
STOP!!!! Do you have over 12 months of qualified clinical experience and want to earn $30 per hour?
These are all perfectly normal reservations when thinking about making the big leap into an emergency hospital environment.
- wanted to make the move but worried you don’t have the skills?
- felt intimidated by working in a large or a new team?
- felt intimidated by working in a busy hospital?
- felt that the workload might be too chaotic?
- worried you would be the only newbie in a well-established team?
Here at VSA we want to provide all veterinary nurses the opportunity to improve on their nursing skills by creating a welcoming and supportive family environment. We pride ourselves on the opportunities available here at VSA and want to ensure everyone is given the chance to upskill and work in an environment where you get active and grow.
What does this mean for you?
Other VSA employee benefits
- Receive a MINIMUM hourly rate of $30 per hour AND get paid even MORE when working overnights, and public holidays
- Have a huge support network around you, who want to see you grow into the best nurse you can be.
- Your learning pace is set by YOU, take full control of your professional career and development path.
- Have the work-life balance you had always dreamed of! Working 4 days on and getting 4 days off in a row, yep you heard us right, 4 consecutive days off a week!!
- Transition through 3 rotating shift blocks of day, evening, and night, so you get to see the exciting Emergency world at all times of the day.
- Get to use all your newly acquired skills while gaining new ones along the way.
- Get to see some of the most interesting and diverse emergency cases.
- Work in a positive and happy working environment alongside passionate people who all share the same values.
- Receive a one-off referral bonus of $1500 if you bring a friend and you are both successful with your application.
- We hire you for YOU, your personality, your desire to upskill, your positive attitude towards work, and the love you have for the profession. Your skill level is a huge bonus but will not be the main factor in your application success.
- Make lifelong friends
Let our current staff tell you about what it’s like working at VSA, after all, they are the people who make VSA the place it is, and we want to open our doors and welcome in the new generation of nurses.
- Designated learning journals for you to work through ensuring you have well-structured training with clear guidelines and expectations.
- Generous staff discounts
- Free access to our in-house intranet and learning portals
- A relocation package available for out of Aucklanders.
- Access to not 1 but 2 emergency departments in Auckland.
- Paid continuing professional development in areas of YOUR choice
- Paid enrolment in Recover CPR online course Basic AND Advance life support.
- Paid NZVNA annual subscription
- VSA hospital-wide social events, quiz nights, and access to VSA’s annual Winterfest
- Night shift care package & snacks to get you through those tough nights.
- Christmas and Birthday gifts for all staff & use of the VSA Auckland Zoo VIP pass
- Easy access to the major motorways, train, and bus routes
- Work alongside the owners, we are not a corporate company!
Please apply if:
- You have over 12 months of qualified clinical experience.
- You can work 35 -40 hours per week.
- You are passionate about animals and your future as a nurse
- You enjoy working in a welcoming, fun, and supportive environment.
- You want a new challenge, a change of pace, or even just a change of scenery.
- You want to be a part of one of New Zealand’s leading state-of-the-art emergency care hospitals
Are you curious but still a little unsure? You will be welcomed in to look around the hospital, and we can discuss what opportunities we have available.
Don’t delay we only have a limited number of positions available.
Please note this offer is only currently available at our Sylvia Park Hospital.
If you are interested in the role or finding out more, please sent your CV through to
WHANGAPARAOA VETERINARY CENTRE
Are you looking for a change? Would you like to work at a great clinic surrounded by some of Auckland's best beaches?
Whangaparaoa Veterinary Centre is situated on the beautiful Hibiscus Coast. We are an independently owned, Best Practice accredited, small animal practice with 5 vets and 8 veterinary nurses. The clinic is well equipped and has a strong focus on
excellent patient care and customer service. We are looking for an experienced, qualified veterinary nurse, to help us continue to deliver our high standards.
Qualities we are looking for:
-A qualified and experienced nurse
-Attention to detail
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Time management skills
-Reliability and enthusiasm
- A team player
We can offer an interesting and varied role where the nurses are encouraged to use their existing professional skills and focus on further development. Our nurses are involved with all aspects of nursing including venipuncture, catheter placement,
anaesthetic inductions and monitoring, dental scaling and polishing, diagnostics and nurse consultations.
The clinic is equipped with Idexx Procyte and Catalyst in-house blood analysers, IM3 dental equipment, digital radiography, a new IPS Bucky xray table, fully equipped sterile theatre, extensive monitoring equipment and isolation facilities.
If you want to work at a busy but friendly and supportive clinic, apply now!
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Practice Manager Position
Are you a caring and dedicated Practice Manager looking for the next step in your career? You will be joining a team of passionate animal lovers who go above and beyond to provide the best care to our patients and their owners.
You are an ideas person, who knows how to get things done and can find a creative solution to any challenge. As an experienced Practice Manager, you will be well versed in juggling multiple things on any given day and are able to balance this with creating and encouraging a fun, positive culture in your clinic.
You understand the busy nature of a Vet clinic and are there to support your team with the day to day running of the clinic – from managing rosters to ensure everyone has a good work/life balance to nursing alongside your team as well as taking care of clients and their pets.
What we are offering:
We will provide everything you need to feel supported on the ground so you can get on with doing
what you do best as a veterinary professional – providing gold standard care for our patients. You
will have a great CPD budget, learning and development opportunities as well as:
Annual subscription to the NZVNA
Central support team made up of experienced veterinary professionals
The chance to be a part of a supportive local team and national clinical group
Competitive remuneration and generous staff discount
CPD and wellness budget
If this sounds like you and you would like to become part of our supportive and caring environment , apply online today or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterinary Nurse – Glen Innes, Auckland
Are you an experienced and passionate vet nurse looking for your next career move? We are looking for a dedicated and friendly team player with 2+ years’ experience to join our team in Glen Innes, Auckland.
About the role:
- Permanent, full-time position, 40 hours per week Mon – Fri – no weekend work or on-call
- We can offer flexibility and build a role that suits you and your lifestyle
- Small, cohesive, friendly team
- Purpose built clinic with all the mod-cons
- We’ll provide everything you need to feel supported on the ground so you can get on with doing what you do best as a veterinary nurse – providing gold standard care to your patients.
- Excellent benefits - including generous staff discounts, CPD budget and development opportunities. We even include a wellbeing budget to be used at your discretion to ensure you’re in the best of health.
Your qualifications, caring nature and love of animals are certainly essential to your success in this role. You will demonstrate talent and skill as an experienced veterinary nurse. In addition, these qualities are important to us:
- You are proficient in all-round clinical and surgical nursing with at least 2 years clinical experience
- You enjoy learning and embracing new technology
- You’re passionate about the veterinary industry and high standards of patient care
- You’ve got customer service experience and you work well in a team
What we’re offering:
We have a real passion for what we do, and we go the extra mile for both our people and our patients. You will be part of a supportive team who works together to deliver our purpose, vision, and values. If this sounds like you apply online today or email your CV to NNicholson@vetcaregroup.co.nz
Animates Vetcare is a Rainbow Tick Certified employer.
Veterinary Nurse – We are hiring!
Come join our supportive and friendly working family!
Working in a modern purpose built clinic, becoming part of the core CA team of 3 (1 vet, 2 nurses), who are supported by our mixed vets, with an interest in CA, as well as the wider nursing team.
Caring for both companion animals and working dogs our cases are varied and interesting with no two days the same.
Our nurses are able to use their wide range of skills including catheter placements, physiotherapy and even epidurals (training provided if comfortable learning) to cover the wide range of nursing duties.
The Culverden clinic is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
No emergency after hours cover required
Only 1:6 weekends as part of the nursing roster in Amberley, with 2 days off in the following week, which gives you time to relax & enjoy all the Hurunui Region has to offer.
Supporting the professional development of all our staff is strong focus for us and we provide funding & opportunities to grow your technical skills.
What will you bring to our team:
Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
Be a Team player
Have great communication and customer service skills
Be highly organised and efficient
Be adaptable and have the ability to think outside the square
Be open to change
What we offer:
Competitive remuneration which includes medical insurance
CPD investment and support
Opportunity to grow within the role
If this sounds of interest to you, please send your cover letter and CV to Elaine McDuff, HR Manager email@example.com
Veterinary Nurse - We Are Hiring - We Need You On Our Team
- Competitive remuneration
- A real focus on CPD – grow your career with us
About the Clinic
Wanganui Veterinary Services is located in lovely Wanganui, winners two years in a row of the Keep New Zealand Beautiful Awards by taking out the Most Beautiful Small City title.
The clinic is a short distance to all the amenities within easy reach of the sea and mountains. We are a mixed animal practice and have a great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses who are passionate about their clients, and are dedicated to providing them with the best possible care.
About the Role
As an experienced Veterinary Nurse, you already understand the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of the dynamic nursing team behind any great clinic. Here are just a few of the key responsibilities that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team:
- Hands-on surgical & diagnostic nursing, including blood draw & I/V Catheter placement
- Patient monitoring & treatment
- Front-of-house client relations
- Anaesthetic and surgical nursing
- Outstanding communication skills and compassion to provide high-quality care
This role will be full or part-time up to 40 hours per week (negotiable), plus some on-call duty work.
What’s on Offer
- Generous remuneration, commensurate with experience/qualifications
- Full support with an excellent clinical team who want to see you succeed
- Strong focus on CPD
- Work-Life balance is important to us, so nursing rosters are geared with this in mind
- Supportive and responsive team
- Generous after-hours remuneration
- Relocation Expenses Offered
- You work well both in a team and independently
- You have a high level of integrity and are interested in your continued development
- You are a good communicator
- You genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- You have experience in Veterinary Nursing along with relevant qualifications
Wanganui Veterinary Services is a privately owned New Zealand company; we pride ourselves on being one big family with a very active Social Club.
We have an outstanding diverse team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses who get to experience a wide and varied caseload.
To Apply please go to our vacancies page on our website or this link below
These are just a few words to describe our team. If you’d like to join a progressive clinic and help provide the best care for our clients and patients, while working with amazing people, then we have the job for you.
We require an experienced, passionate nurse to join our team as general practice head nurse. You will have great leadership skills and a broad knowledge of veterinary nursing. This could be your chance to step up in your career with a supportive management team, reporting directly to the clinic coordinator.
Our aim is “to provide exceptional care for your exceptional pet”, we strive to achieve this by having a well-equipped hospital where we offer a wide range of surgeries and medical procedures. We have all the usual high-end diagnostics available including: in house lab, digital radiology, and ultrasound. We have a separate newly built cat ward amongst other newly renovated areas, and we also work alongside our in-house surgical referral team “VRS”.
A generous CPD allowance is offered to encourage learning and growth. We also have a reduced hours roster and rotational Saturdays to promote better work life balance and remuneration will be commensurate on your experience.
If you have been thinking about advancing your career, then seize the moment and apply for this role. We look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants apply in the first instance with your CV and cover letter to the clinic coordinator Lyn Hobbs firstname.lastname@example.org
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Nurse to join our fantastic Kilbirnie team!
- Competitive remuneration
- A real focus on personal development – grow your career with us
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – join the CareVets family
About the Clinic
CareVets Kilbirnie is located to the south-east of Wellington’s city centre and has been part of the community for over 20 years.
We are a companion animal practice with a great team of Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses who are passionate about their furry clients, dedicated to providing them with the best possible care. Our clinic is well equipped and has a wonderful client base.
About the Role
As a qualified Veterinary Nurse you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great member of the dynamic nursing team behind any great clinic. Here are just a few of the key responsibilities that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our supportive team:
- Hand-on surgical & diagnostic assistance
- Patient monitoring & treatment
- Front of house client relations
This role will be full-time.
What’s on Offer?
- Generous remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Full support with a great clinical team who want to see you succeed
- Strong focus on personal development with an ongoing focus on your career interests
- Non-corporate family workplace culture – become a member of the CareVets family
- Fantastic location
- Work-Life balance is important to us, so rosters are geared with this in mind
- Dynamic, supportive and responsive leadership team
- Access to a wide network of like-minded colleagues across the North Island (and the opportunities that come with such a network)
- Genuinely care for pets, your colleagues and our clients
- Work well both in a team and independently
- High level of integrity and are interested in continued development
- Good communicator
- Relevant Veterinary Nursing qualification/s
- Experience preferred but not required – new grads welcome to apply!
To express your interest in this role please send your CV and cover letter to Mel Jerrett (email@example.com). Any applicants shortlisted will be contacted directly.
Pet Doctors Botany has been in operation since 2006. We are a group of skilled individuals who enjoy working with animals and the challenges and rewards this brings. We have many long-term clients, and we enjoy an excellent rapport with them, we love meeting new clients and welcoming them and their fur family members to the clinic.
Our team comprises of two Vets, four Nurses, and a long-standing Practice Manager.
We offer a comprehensive range of Veterinary services from our extensive purpose-built clinic. We have an in-house laboratory, ultrasound, and up-to-date monitoring equipment.
Above all, we care about animals and people, committing to the highest standards when tending to pets and pet parents. We are empathetic and friendly.
We have a strong Customer focus and high Standards of Care. We always aim for operational excellence, best practice, and continuous improvement, always aiming to exceed expectations.
We are respectful of each other and are proud of our diversity. We support each other both personally and professionally.
We are seeking a Full-time Vet Nurse to join the team with flexibility to work 32-40 hours per week as desired. We are looking for someone with the energy and drive to make a real difference, with a commitment and passion for quality practice and high standards of care, along with a great team spirit.
We value our Nurses, giving them the opportunity to grow within the practice.
- FREE access to practical training programs through our purpose-built veterinary training centre
- Annual CPD Allowance
- Be part of one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Staff benefits and discounts
- Paid parental leave and a return-to-work bonus
- Mental Health First Aid Certified Practice Manager
- Qualified Veterinary Nurse
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills
Apply now! firstname.lastname@example.org