Pet Doctors – The Gardens Vet Clinic has been established for 31 years. We have a great team of Vets, Nurses and Client Relations staff who work hard to understand and provide the needs of all our patients and clients. The clinic also has the largest pet store in Dunedin, with our attraction of Molly our Lorikeet.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Nurse to join our busy team on a Full-Time basis, committing to 80 hours per fortnight. The right candidate will have a commitment and passion for high level patient and client care and a passion for customer service.
What’s on offer?
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
- Access to practical training programs through NVC’s purpose built veterinary training facilities
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand
What we are looking for:
- Experience in clinical Veterinary Nursing with appropriate Veterinary Nursing qualifications
- Exceptional surgical nursing skills
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
For further information about our clinic, please visit https://www.nzpetdoctors.co.nz/clinic/the-gardens
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of over 100 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more! https://veterinarytrainingcentre.com.au/
Sounds great! How do I apply? Please apply now by by emailing Tayla Hayes, Recruitment Team Leader via email@example.com
Large Animal Veterinary Technician
College of Sciences, Palmerston North
The School of Veterinary Sciences at Massey University invites applications for the position of Large Animal Veterinary Technician based in the mighty Manawatū of New Zealand.
Why are you right for this role?
If you are interested in inspiring and engaging the next generation of veterinarians and veterinarian technicians, then this is the ideal opportunity for you. The position is suited to someone with a passion for imparting knowledge and practical teaching. This position will also provide you with a variety of opportunities to work along with world-renown veterinarians and scientists, including participating in production animal research. The position is very much about the clinical work both in-hospital and out on-farm, so you will have at least two years rural production animal experience, including experience working with dairy cattle. Being able to react to, and manage, changing priorities is important in this role. As well as having demonstrable experience working in a team environment to deliver services to veterinary clients and patients. Being able to show initiative and working under pressure is also essential. The position will involve some evening/night duties and on-call work. You will be expected to work a 37.5 hour week, but also must be prepared to work overtime and outside of normal working hours, including early morning, when caseload requires it.
The School of Veterinary Science advances knowledge in animal health and welfare, biosecurity, conservation and sustainable productivity. We are a world-leader in our field, working with governments, other universities, international and national organisations and companies to improve animal health and production, and human health. For more information visit - https://bit.ly/38isehV
In addition to a base salary, Massey also offers up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme; four weeks annual leave and five additional university holidays per year; free eye test and staff study for eligible employees, discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities as well as a comprehensive professional development and training programme.
Seeking work/life flexibility?
If you are not familiar with Palmerston North, it is a family-friendly, eminently bikeable, compact city of approximately 82,000 people and is centrally located in the North Island of New Zealand https://www.manawatunz.co.nz/live-work/working-here/
There is easy access to outdoor activities such as hiking, road and mountain biking clubs, outstanding golf courses and surfing. The city has a vibrant café culture, abundant restaurants, diverse community groups, large cultural city events and hosts international attractions. In less than two hours drive, you can be immersed in the vibrant capital city culture of Wellington, you could tour our world-renown wine-growing country in the sunny Hawkes Bay or you could be water skiing in NZ's crown tourist spot; lake Taupo. And we cannot forget the outstanding ski fields in NZ's central plateau. So, are your lifestyle pursuits within easy reach like ours?
Enquiries regarding this role may be directed to the Large Animal Practice Manager, Jennifer Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be made online, click apply now. Please do not send applications directly to Jennifer Taylor.
Due to COVID-19, interviews may be held via online video.
Closing date: 14 May 2020
Reference number: CS_SVSVTHLAS_220_04/20
For further information and to apply online, visit: http://masseyunicareers.nga.net.nz
Vet Nurse/Rural Technician/Customer Service Representative (Full Time)
Vetora Bay of Plenty is excited to provide a permanent full-time position for a Vet Nurse/Rural Technician/Customer Service Representative. The Vetora Bay of Plenty team operate out of five clinics in the Central North Island with this role based mainly at our Ngongotahā mixed practice clinic with both large and companion animal offering. This role is sole-charge and offers the opportunity for you to stamp your mark.
About the Role
As an experienced Veterinary Nurse/Rural Technician, you already have an understanding of the day-to-day requirements of these roles. Here are just a few of the key responsibilities of this role.
Here are just a few of the key responsibilities of this role:
- Managing the customer service function including taking farm and companion animal bookings
- Inventory ordering and stock control
- Data entry and maintenance of patient files
- Vet nursing in consultations and surgery as well as standard Vet Nursing duties such as vaccination reminders and follow ups
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping
- Planning and participating in seasonal work
- Effective communication with Vets, technicians and clinic staff
- Assistance with administration tasks
- Participate in the Vet Nurse on call, and weekend roster at our Rotorua animal hospital.
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, with fairly rostered late nights and after hours.
- You have a pro-active can-do attitude
- You work well both independently and, in a team,
- You are reliable and punctual with a high level of integrity
- You perform well under pressure with a strong focus on detail
- You are keen to expand your knowledge and continue your development
- You have strong computer skills and you are an excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- You have 2-3 years post qualification experience as a vet nurse or rural technician with a relevant qualification
What’s on Offer?
• An attractive remuneration package based on experience
• Medical and Surgical Health Insurance and Life Insurance
• Generous staff discounts
• Company funded NZVNA membership
• A fantastic location with an abundance of world-renowned recreational pursuits,
If you have a strong work ethic, a sense of humour, possess the ability to take on new opportunities and challenges with enthusiasm, energy and urgency and would like to join our dynamic and progressive team, don’t delay apply now.
For general enquiries, email Mickey van der Merwe, People Manager – email@example.com.
Applications close on the 15th of May 2020.
Only applicants who have the right to work in New Zealand permanently need apply.
Veterinary Nurse, Kamo Vets, Whangarei
Kamo Vets are seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our medium sized mixed practice of six vets, 3 nurses and 2 support staff.
We work out of a brand new purpose-built building with modern equipment.
We are a small team that values our client service, mutual professional support, and a friendly work atmosphere.
Kamo Vets is Best Practice accredited.
Whangarei is a well serviced provincial city with fabulous beaches and activities nearby and is under 2 hours from all the activities of Auckland.
If you would like further information, please contact:
Please contact Sue
Or submit CV before 29th May to:
PO Box 4500